Monday, March 11, 2013

Tarte Aux Fraises

Experience: I had a lot of fun making the tarte (excluding the sour cream part). It was easier than I thought it would be. The most difficult part of making it was when we had to put the mixture inside of the pie crust, considering you had to be extremely careful when spreading it so that the crust did not break. My crust broke in three different places. But, after everything was complete, I don't think the broken pie crust was noticeable. It tasted pretty good too! I enjoyed this culture project a lot because I think that we, as a class, ended up having a lot of fun together!

Cultural Information: As I'm sure many of you already are aware of, Tarte Aux Fraises is one of the most popular desserts in French culture. It seems to be portrayed that way in many French "stereotypes", for lack of better word. The recipe is quite simple and quickly completed.

Recipe:
-8 oz. de fromage à la crème
-une demi-tasse de crème sure
-deux pâtés à la tartes
-trois à soupe de sucre
-une cuillère à soupevanille
-mascarpone


No comments:

Post a Comment